Monday, May 22, 2006

N was actually rather civil at the Hoff’s birthday party... she even gave me a kiss hello. But I am still weary I have walked this path too many times before. Hoff seems to be happy – thank God. They have been dating for 7 years now – through Varsity and into the working world and they have never permanently lived together. Hoff’s parents are magic – live in a massive house in Westcliff of which the whole bottom section is his. I don’t actually blame him for staying at home. But all good things must come to an end and the Hoff’s parents are retiring to KZN. So they are moving in together – I am quite excited – it’s make it or break it time. I really want to see my friend happy but I don’t believe that she is the right women for him.

So how does one know? I don’t believe in love at first sight, but what I quest for is too answer the criteria that a person must fill to be regarded as the one. Must they be intellectually stimulating? Obviously you must be attracted to them. Can one be content in a relationship but rely on their friends for intellectual stimulation?

Need sometime to mull over it a bit more ….

Had a few bottles of scotch at the party … and decided to shake some ass (whilst I love music the urge of dancing was worn out through my continual Sunday danceathons at the old ESP) The urge has set in – off to Taboo – had some friends doing a set there. Realised why I don’t like clubbing that much anymore – R17 a savannah , daylight robbery. I do understand that the club needs to make a profit but at 68 bucks for a double jack and coke, they can go fuck themselves!

Had a jol anyway…

Morgan spent the weekend at Granny so I had sometime off yesterday. She dropped him off in the wee hour’s this morning. Quickly put him in bed with me where we both slept till 8. I really believe that I have baby proofed my house however while I was in the shower he managed to grab a ring of the table and swallow it. I was watching him through the shower door when I noticed that something was wrong. The ring was blocking his airway – I jumped out of the shower and pulled the ring out. I am actually impressed that I did everything so naturally. The first aid course I did, yet again paid off. Managed to stabilised him and everything seemed to be fine.

Driving to work and the events of the morning kicked in. I feel shite – he is the light of my life. Everything is fine – but it makes me think how precious life is and how quickly something can go wrong.

It’s his fist birthday soon – saw a car bed on Sat, it’s really wicked. Going to get it for him!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi AnotherWhiteBoy, you are so right, life is precious and kids are so fast it's difficult to keep your eyes on them every second, however you sound like you handled the situation well.

As for the quest for the perfect love, I think there are four types of love, there is your fraternal, physical, intellectual and
familial. The fraternal love is obviously a brotherly, sisterly love. Familial is the love you hold for your family.

I think if you find that special someone who embodies physical as well as intellectual and spiritual, then you have found that Utopic love. Sometimes, it is difficult to find the whole package and that's why there are so many people out there searching.

5:30 pm  
Blogger AnotherWhiteBoy said...

Tash - Ta for the comment. I agree with you -- it makes sense.

5:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The price of drinks in certain Sandton Clubs is ridiculous! Hectic about Morgan - seems like you were in full control though. Nitr8

10:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home