Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I have decided that I am going to treat myself and buy my own Valentines/ Easter/Birthday/Christmas/Saint Paddy’s … day gift.

And yesterday I went and traded my car in and bought a BMW 330ci convertible. I am chuffed.

I haven’t told my mates yet as the finance has not yet been approved, but they guy from the bank called me a bit earlier and said that he doubts there will be any problems as my credit history is pretty good.

I never thought that I would be a BMW driver as I normally regard them as pretentious wankers – but after taking it for a test drive I really cannot dispute the fact that they are fucking magic cars.

Every year I say that I am not going to follow Valentines day, as you should tell the person that you are with that you love them on a daily basis… and that it’s a huge marketing gimmick initiated by the large corporations to coax you into buying flowers at 4 x their normal price, along with a whole bunch of other crap. I do however end up rushing around organising something romantic at the 11th hour.

Tonight will be no exception.

I hope that you have a fantastic Valentines day!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your last minute Valentine's prep! I got very spoilt indeed. :-) In the end...it really IS about the girls on Valentine's Day though, isn't it?

4:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you obviously didn't get the memo.

But kudos on the beemer, only cos is a cab. not much of a beemer fan myself, but hope it works for you.

Did you ever consider the maintenance??

1:00 pm  
Blogger Champagne Heathen said...

Happy Valentine's Day!! For that day. Quite a nice present to one's self. Impressive.

12:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home