Monday, February 12, 2007

Well being back at Varsity is great. I really enjoyed the lecture.

Stayed at home on Friday and watched a few dvd’s. The Hofs parents were up from Natal so he had a little get together at his place on sat. Needless to say there were copious amounts of scotch and as always brilliant discussions. We spent most of the night discussing how two white boys will succeed in negotiating labola on behalf of our friend Goms. I think that I promised to be able to speak fluently in zulu prior to us having to take this task on.

I can’t see why we are getting so excited about it … he hasn’t even met the girl that he wants to marry. I do however think that it will be a major cultural experience – even if we are only there as moral support.

I decided yesterday to take Morgan for a picnic at Roodeplaat dam… the outcome don’t bother. God knows what possessed me to drive halfway across Gauteng to sit in a shitty caravan park on the banks of the river and have a picnic. We might as well have gone to Emmerentia.

It was an experience though – One couple was getting married. Honestly, all their mates were there, fishing rods and all. The brandy and coke was flowing and some dude was playing the wedding march out of his car system. I kid you not – I totally believe that some members of SA society could compete with the yanky Jerry Springer folk.

Even Morgan pointed at them and although he can’t talk yet, the look on his face said it all.

I slept like crap last night –
2am wake up call – A weird sound coming from outside, like somebody sawing something
3.15 am – Next door neighbours dogs
3.45 am – Other next door neighbour’s dogs
4.20 am – Morgan climbing into bed with me ( was quite impressed he usually tries this stint at around 2)
5.00 am – Noisy next door neighbour on his way for a run – telling his running partner at the top of his voice about his weekend.
5:45 am – Alarm goes off – No more sleeping gotta get off to Tai Chi.

Tonight I am going to get pissed and sleep like a log.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the "drinking into oblivion" goes well tonight. I always find that starting on a Monday makes the week seem extra long. Then again, you are in varsity-mode (lucky fish!). Gotta love it! PS. What a pity the Hof is away. Will have to reschedule ;-)

4:51 pm  
Blogger AnotherWhiteBoy said...

Nicky - Pitty about the Hof being away. How long are you up in Jozi 4 ?

3:52 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not in Jozi hon...in CPT...

4:06 pm  
Blogger AnotherWhiteBoy said...

N: Knew you lived in Cpt.. Thought you were in jozi -- my bad.

Hope that you are spoilt rotten -- and if not don't fear you always have the mountain !

4:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home